Tamanu Lavender Lip Balm
Have you ever wanted to make your own lip balm?
Knowing what we do about the prevalence of petroleum derivatives in lip balms (not to mention a long list of other toxic additives as well), we can’t imagine being the only ones who would want to know exactly what we are putting on this super delicate and absorbent skin.
When it comes to peace of mind and having certainty of the highest quality ingredients, there’s nothing better than using a skin care product that you have made yourself, at home.
Here’s how you can make your own tamanu oil enriched lip balm that makes for a great DIY project or a thoughtful home-made gift option!
What you’ll need:
- 1 tbsp cold-pressed and organic olive oil
- 1 tsp tamanu oil
- 1 tsp vitamin E oil
- 1 tsp lavender oil
- 1 tsp beeswax
- 5 drops Lavender essential oil
- 1 small container such as a tin or empty chap stick tube
- Fill a pot halfway with water and place on a stove-top set to medium heat
- Place the tamanu oil, beeswax & olive oil into a heat-resistant, glass bowl
- Suspend the bowl in the pot of water and allow the beeswax to melt nicely, mixing with the other two oils
- Remove the bowl from heat allowing to cool slightly before mixing in the vitamin E and lavender oils
- Once you have mixed all the ingredients together, pour the lip balm mixture into a small container or lip balm tin and allow it to cool until solid
Use this lip balm every day, as many times as you like, for healthier looking soft and supple lips.
Share this post
← Older Post
Newer Post →